SOLVED

Re: GoToWebinar Registration Errors

Go to solution
Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

GoToWebinar Registration Errors

I've been hosting quite a few webinars lately via the GTW integration with Marketo. By and large, it's pretty sick... It just works. However, in the last 2 webinars I've set up, I've had a couple instances where a random user gets a "registration error" when I change their status from "invited" to "registered" (we're partnering with a 3rd party subject matter expert for the content, so we have to import registration lists and set the status).

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Looking at the lists, there's nothing particularly special about these users... Email addresses and all other imported data looks fine, they're not blacklisted... Activity log just craps the bed when it gets to step 2 in our status progression.

If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joe, trying going to Admin > Launchpoint > GoToWebiner credential.  Ensure it says 'Active' under 'Status'.  I've experienced this same issue and generally is caused by the connection failing (this occurs sometimes and it stays stuck under failed).

My recommendation is to setup a Smart Campaign with the following details:

-Smart List Trigger: Program Status is Changed where New Status = 'Registration Error'

-Flow: Send Alert to your own email address notifying you of this.

This will inform you when to efresh the connection to GoToWebinar if necessary.

Cheers,

Edwin

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to check to make sure these leads from the list have the minimal required fields populated. The error can happen if, for example, have 6 required fields and a lead may only have 5 of those fields populated. Check your columns before you import and match it up against your form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joe, trying going to Admin > Launchpoint > GoToWebiner credential.  Ensure it says 'Active' under 'Status'.  I've experienced this same issue and generally is caused by the connection failing (this occurs sometimes and it stays stuck under failed).

My recommendation is to setup a Smart Campaign with the following details:

-Smart List Trigger: Program Status is Changed where New Status = 'Registration Error'

-Flow: Send Alert to your own email address notifying you of this.

This will inform you when to efresh the connection to GoToWebinar if necessary.

Cheers,

Edwin

Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

I set this up as a global alert so that it won't have to be replicated for each webinar. Just remember to set the email to operational. Otherwise, it might look like the registrant is also receiving this alert.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Joe, similarly to what Edwin suggested, there are random times when the connection decides not to work but will start working again -- even without a refresh. You can try to manually push these people into a registered status, or you could have a batch campaign that runs and tries to push them into registered again at a slightly later point in time. It usually works for me without any other intervention.

Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Everything seems fine from a system point of view... Just seems like a randomly occurring bug.

If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Yup. Totally random from what I've seen, could just be a hiccup between the systems. That's why I haven't even found it needs a system-wide refresh for the connection of the systems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joe, I moved your question to a better location so more people would find it helpful.

Abaran
Level 5

Hi Joe, I have also experience these issues more times that i want to remember. So far I had no joy from Marketo support to find the root cause of the issues. I have implemented the suggestion above as well. But this is a work around, not a solution. So i now check every week the launch point to be sure the Marketo does not loses the connection with GoToWebinar. I know what pain this is. I can only wish you good luck. Axel

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

Hi! i have experienced the same issue

my launch point says that the connection is broken

but is there a way to restore it?

i know the cause, but not the solution