SOLVED

Google and Yahoo Email Changes

Go to solution
cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Google and Yahoo Email Changes

Hey! 

Has anybody written a marketo breakdown on the changes coming to how google and yahoo mark spam? 

In the "Sender Reputation" section of this article they mention "IP" but I believe most marketo customers are on shared IPs. Does this mean others sends put us at risk of being cast into the black hole of google and yahoos spam filters? 

Correct me if I am wrong but...
"Starting February 1, 2024, if a bulk-sending organization has an abuse complaint rate of 0.3% or higher, Google and Yahoo will automatically block all messages coming from that organization."

would be a death sentence for many organizations' email programs if their targets use Gmail or Yahoo. 

Google defines bulk senders as "senders who send more than 5,000 messages per day to Gmail accounts must meet the requirements in this section."
Is this per day, or averaged across a period of time? 

Same with the spam rate of .3%. We are at 0 for the last 120 days, but one day we jumped to 1.1% with no changes in targeting. Does this mean we would be blocked by google or are they averaging this rate across a period of time? 

I know a lot of these changes are already best practices, but some of them seem new. Wondering if anyone has a good breakdown or any thoughts here. 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Re: Google and Yahoo Email Changes

Went through and read most of Google's outline and it covers a lot of my questions though somewhat vague. 

I would highly encourage everyone who sends emails via Marketo or outreach to connect with IT and get ready for the changes listed here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en#requirements-5k&zippy=%2Crequirements-for-sending...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Went through and read most of Google's outline and it covers a lot of my questions though somewhat vague. 

I would highly encourage everyone who sends emails via Marketo or outreach to connect with IT and get ready for the changes listed here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en#requirements-5k&zippy=%2Crequirements-for-sending...

julesmc426
Level 1

Although the gmail/yahoo/adobe documentation has been helpful, I feel like I have not found docs on what this means for Operational emails, critical comms that need to send to records who have unsubscribed. With the one-click unsubscribe and abuse/complaint measures in place, I wonder if operational sends will suffer the most from negative user results. Has anyone dug into this yet?