SOLVED

Re: Formdownload URL Clarification

Go to solution
Karthick77
Level 3

Hi @SaurabhGoyal_GN,

Before I filled out the form, I noticed that some fields like FormDownloadURL, FormPageTitle, and FormTopic were blank. But after I filled out the form, I was redirected to the right on-demand page. I saw that the Vimeo video link was added to the FormDownloadURL field, and the FormPageTitle and FormTopic fields were filled too. However, after a couple of days, the field values disappeared again. So, once the person fills out the form, they're getting the correct URL value added to the custom field.

Karthcik R
SaurabhGoyal_GN
Level 4

@Karthick77 - But your question was this - 

My query is:

How does this token capture the value? Does it extract the value from the URL of landing page and then redirect to the appropriate on-demand video?

I would like to know how does values for these fields are getting populated? - FormDownloadURL, FormPageTitle, and FormTopic

I was looking for the answer to your question in the thread and the solution. 

Karthick77
Level 3

@SaurabhGoyal_GN 

When a lead fills out a form on a landing page, the information they provide is captured. Marketo will link the correct value to the appropriate custom field in the database. For instance, if a lead enters a phone number in the form, it might be saved in the phone custom field in the database. Similarly, the same process applies to the form download URL. Once the form is submitted, Marketo automatically updates these custom fields with the new information.

Karthcik R
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sorry, but that’s still not clear.

Saurabh and I don’t understand the question you were asking nor how it was answered correctly.

Perhaps there was no question, in which case I’ll remove this thread so people aren’t confused in future.

Karthick77
Level 3

Hi @SanfordWhiteman 

I've raised a question about how the "{{lead.FormDownloadURL:default=edit me}}" token is populated with the correct value and how it redirects to the appropriate on-demand page. Additionally, I'm curious about how the token receives its value.

Based on what I've learned, I understand that it's a custom field from all the responses. Following Darshil's comment, he mentioned that since it's a custom field, it should have a value in place. So, I checked to ensure that the values are being captured in the custom field. Here I've explained what I did.

Karthick77_0-1712582251395.png

I think Saurabh got my question at starting.

Karthick77_1-1712582462718.png

Thank you

Karthcik R