SOLVED

Re: Formdownload URL Clarification

Go to solution
Karthick77
Level 3

Formdownload URL Clarification

In the trigger campaign setup, after a lead fills out the form, they should receive a confirmation email containing the on-demand webinar link. This link is represented by the token "{{lead.FormDownloadURL:default=edit me}}".

My query is:

How does this token capture the value? Does it extract the value from the URL of landing page and then redirect to the appropriate on-demand video?

Please let me know the thought on this.

#trigger campaign #lead tokens #formfillout #URL

Karthcik R
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

As said by others, this is a custom field on the person record, and if the person has a valid URL value in it, they will be redirected to it, otherwise, they’d not be! Do you have any processes in place that ensure that the person has value in this field before you send out an email. Also, you should probably use a fallback URL as the default value in the token if the field value is absent so people don’t see a invalid URL/404 page.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, that's a custom field. There's no field of that name by default.

So it doesn't do anything on its own.

If you want it to capture a special value and write it to a (hidden) field, you have to do that using JS! Perhaps you should be describing your requirements in detail instead.
Karthick77
Level 3

Once X fills out the form, they should receive a confirmation email. In that email, we've included a CTA with the {{lead.FormDownloadURL}} token. When X clicks on the CTA, they will be directed to the related video.

My question is:

When the user clicks on the CTA button, how does it redirect to the correct video? Since we've placed a token related to the FormDownloadURL, and not any video links directly, is it because of the JavaScript written in the backend?

Karthcik R
SaurabhGoyal_GN
Level 4

@Karthick77 - As far as, I can understand, FormDownloadURL is a custom field and the same must be getting populated during the form the submission. JS must have been placed on Landing Page Level for the same. 

It would be great if you can share the URL, we can tell you the same more confidently. 

Karthick77
Level 3

The FormDownloadURL token captures the URL of the landing page where the form is filled out. However, in the confirmation email's CTA, we're utilizing the FormDownloadURL token to redirect to the Vimeo video hosting the on-demand video content.

Karthcik R
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The FormDownloadURL token captures the URL of the landing page where the form is filled out. However, in the confirmation email's CTA, we're utilizing the FormDownloadURL token to redirect to the Vimeo video hosting the on-demand video content.

You seem to be describing things you want to do as if they’re things you’re already doing. This is confusing.

“[W]e’re utilizing the FormDownloadURL to redirect to the Vimeo video...” implies you’re already doing that. But you also said the FormDownloadURL doesn’t contain the Vimeo URL. Instead, it’s storing the page the form was on, as its name suggests.

These can’t both be true!

It sounds like you need another field, Last Requested Asset URL. Do not try to use a field called FormDownloadURL for 2 different purposes. Have Last Requested Asset URL set to the Vimeo URL using JS.

Karthick77
Level 3

Yes, @SanfordWhiteman It's containing single value of vimeo video link. Thank you

Karthcik R
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

As said by others, this is a custom field on the person record, and if the person has a valid URL value in it, they will be redirected to it, otherwise, they’d not be! Do you have any processes in place that ensure that the person has value in this field before you send out an email. Also, you should probably use a fallback URL as the default value in the token if the field value is absent so people don’t see a invalid URL/404 page.

Karthick77
Level 3

Before a lead fills out the form, there is no URL in place. However, once the lead fills out the form, the landing page URL, where the lead completed the form, is added to a custom field. After filling out the form, the lead is then redirected to the appropriate page.

Karthcik R
SaurabhGoyal_GN
Level 4

@Karthick77 - I was following this thread, was curious to know, how that field is getting populated. 

I saw you marked a reply as solution but I am not able to grasp the answer in the whole thread. 

It will be really helpful if you can post the final solution.