SOLVED

Form handler - 3rd party to set up endpoint to receive submissions from our Marketo form...

Go to solution
Christine_LeBla
Level 3

Form handler - 3rd party to set up endpoint to receive submissions from our Marketo form...

I need some advice as we are partnering with another company who use Pardot.

They want our Marketo form data in order to create a form handler.

Assuming they can create that after I give them each field value contained in our form. They then set up an endpoint to receive submissions from our Marketo form into their Pardot marketing automation system.

But then what? – They say I will need to update the form action to point to the new endpoint they’ll provide and ensure the field names in our form match or are appropriately mapped to the expectations of their form handler.

I am not clear how that works, technically. Can you please advise, provide information so I can get better acquainted with this process? – Does it simply mean another step gets added to the flow of my Marketo program, or do I need to use an IT/dev resource for assistance in this matter?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form handler - 3rd party to set up endpoint to receive submissions from our Marketo form...

You do not want to update the form action on the client side. While certainly possible, this would take a Marketo-fluent developer.

Instead, you’ll use Call Webhook on the server side, triggering when the Marketo form is filled out. The webhook payload will match their Pardot form field names with your {{lead.tokens}}. For example:

SanfordWhiteman_0-1711734490767.png

Here, FN, LN, and EM are examples of Pardot field names, you’d get the real field names from the partner.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form handler - 3rd party to set up endpoint to receive submissions from our Marketo form...

You do not want to update the form action on the client side. While certainly possible, this would take a Marketo-fluent developer.

Instead, you’ll use Call Webhook on the server side, triggering when the Marketo form is filled out. The webhook payload will match their Pardot form field names with your {{lead.tokens}}. For example:

SanfordWhiteman_0-1711734490767.png

Here, FN, LN, and EM are examples of Pardot field names, you’d get the real field names from the partner.