Filter in marketo that pulls in related contacts from an account

jsnow
Level 2

Filter in marketo that pulls in related contacts from an account

Does anyone know of a particular filter or a way to use filters in a smart list to pull related contacts associated with an account? I can't seem to find a filter that digs into this. I am using the "Has Opportunity" filter and  "Has Opportunity Product" filters, and they are pulling in some of the people I need, but have since found that we have some of our opportunities that don't have a contact on them, and therefore they aren't pulling them in.

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Filter in marketo that pulls in related contacts from an account

Can you give some more information here? If this is an SFDC-integrated instance, the Company Name (if not duplicated) is the SFDC Account.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Indeed, but even if it's not an SFDC integrated instance, you can filter on any of the Company fields in the same way as you filter on person-related fields. In that way, Person and Company work differently and far more direct than Opportunities where indeed you have to filter on "Has Object" and then specify field values in the constraints.

jsnow
Level 2

Yes, ours is SFDC integrated. See below for what I have built out so far. I was asked to build a list that was won deals with a particular product code "T2D MPI+ Customers (won deals with T2D-172 sku)". So we had built out a similar list and I cloned it and updated it. However, my boss came back to me later and said some people were missing and that some of our opportunities don't have contacts tied to them, so they weren't getting pulled in. He also said, "From what I can see is that the accounts missing have opptys with MPI that don't have a contact, so you will need to see if you can pull the account related to the oppty."

T2D MPI+ Customer Smart List Screenshot.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you can’t use a Marketo Company Name filter — that is, you don’t know the SFDC Account Name in advance — you can’t make this work.

Marketo can’t get Accounts with an Opportunity and select all the Contacts associated with that Account, on the fly.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Be sure to switch your filter logic to "ANY", as you want people that either meet the first filter or the second, right? Currently you will only get people that meet both filters simultaneously.