SOLVED

Field populating to trigger pause in current engagement program and enter into another

Go to solution
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Field populating to trigger pause in current engagement program and enter into another

We currently have about 10 active engagement programs and are developing a survey page that we will include in our emails that will basically ask prospects what content they would like to see. If they select a different topic(s) than the stream they're currently in, we would like to pause them in the current campaign and add them to a new campaign(s). What is the best way to do this? I'm struggling to find the right mix of flow steps. These are set up as individual programs and not separate streams in one program.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Field populating to trigger pause in current engagement program and enter into another

Hi Kelly,

Just run smart campaigns based on data value changed trigger for the field(s) containing the topics. I gather from your writing there is one field that can be multivalued, so you will have to use 2 Smart campaigns for each topic:

1. Smart Campaign 1:
    • Trigger : "Data value changes". Constraint: "New Value" Contains [Topic1]
    • Flow:
      1. Add to engagement program: EP 1
      2. Change Engagement Program Cadence. Program: EP1, cadence: Normal
  2. Smart Campaign 2:
    • Trigger : "Data value changes". Constraint: "New Value" NOT CONTAINS [Topic1]
    • Flow:
      1. Change Engagement Program Cadence. Program: EP1, cadence: PAUSED

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Field populating to trigger pause in current engagement program and enter into another

I would do it like this:

If they fill out the form remove them from all Engagement programs

Then add them to the programs that they showed interest in.

This is the same as pausing as when you add them back to the old engagment campaign it will skip anything they have already seen.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kelly,

Just run smart campaigns based on data value changed trigger for the field(s) containing the topics. I gather from your writing there is one field that can be multivalued, so you will have to use 2 Smart campaigns for each topic:

1. Smart Campaign 1:
    • Trigger : "Data value changes". Constraint: "New Value" Contains [Topic1]
    • Flow:
      1. Add to engagement program: EP 1
      2. Change Engagement Program Cadence. Program: EP1, cadence: Normal
  2. Smart Campaign 2:
    • Trigger : "Data value changes". Constraint: "New Value" NOT CONTAINS [Topic1]
    • Flow:
      1. Change Engagement Program Cadence. Program: EP1, cadence: PAUSED

-Greg