SOLVED

Field not able to be added to Form

Go to solution
katiehaupt
Level 2

Field not able to be added to Form

Hi Brains Trust, 

I hope someone can help me. 

I created a new field called 'Guide Link' about 6 hours ago. It is a string type field, associated to the Person (not company) and is not connected to a CRM field.

The token for it is {{lead.Guide Link}} and is able to used in emails. 

However, when I go to add it to a form, it's not available on the list. 

I have tried to create a new form (both cloning an existing and a new one from scratch) and add it there, but it still isn't available. 

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can fix this? 

In case this helps, this is how the field fits into business process

1 form is going to be on 70 different gated content pages. Based on which URL they are on, a link to the respective hosted file is pushed into that field by the website. This link to the hosted file is used in a generic thank you email with content. That way only 1 form and 1 email is needed across 70 gated content pages. This process is not set up yet. 

Thanks

Katie

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Field not able to be added to Form

I'm sure a lot of users would have experienced new fields not available to add to the forms immediately first-hand, but in most cases, the new field is available after a while (a few minutes-hours). I'd recommend waiting for a day or so, and if you still aren't able to add the field to the form, then go ahead and raise a support ticket. Check out this thread, OP had to wait for 24 hours to be able to add new fields to the form.

View solution in original post

katiehaupt
Level 2

Thanks Darshil. 

It ended up taking about 36hrs for the field to be available to add to forms. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

I'm sure a lot of users would have experienced new fields not available to add to the forms immediately first-hand, but in most cases, the new field is available after a while (a few minutes-hours). I'd recommend waiting for a day or so, and if you still aren't able to add the field to the form, then go ahead and raise a support ticket. Check out this thread, OP had to wait for 24 hours to be able to add new fields to the form.

katiehaupt
Level 2

Thanks Darshil. 

It ended up taking about 36hrs for the field to be available to add to forms. 

Darshil_Shah1

That's quite a while for a field to appear in the form, but glad it did appear in the end. Thanks for posting an update, @katiehaupt! 🙂

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Never took more than 5 minutes for me. Never. Did Marketo Support explain this delay?