SOLVED

exclude leads from smartlist?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

exclude leads from smartlist?

i'm looking to email certain known salesforce contacts that use a competitive product.

i can narrow it down by geography and competitive brand, but how do I exclude certain contacts from the e-mail?

do i need to import a manually filtered list from salesforce into marketo?  thanks

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: exclude leads from smartlist?

What you can do is use the same filter you used in a SFDC report in the smart list in Marketo. It would defeat the purpose of a smart list to not query everyone that meets the filter criteria, but if that does not yield the same results and you need to exclude a few of them, delete the filter and you can just use the filter "Email Address" and paste in the known salesforce contacts and the email will only go to them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Devraj_Grewal

What you can do is use the same filter you used in a SFDC report in the smart list in Marketo. It would defeat the purpose of a smart list to not query everyone that meets the filter criteria, but if that does not yield the same results and you need to exclude a few of them, delete the filter and you can just use the filter "Email Address" and paste in the known salesforce contacts and the email will only go to them.

Josh_Hill13

You can also use

Competitor Product Use IS NOT (or NOT IN)