SOLVED

Re: Engagement Program Streams

Go to solution
MarkusVogel
Level 1

Engagement Program Streams

Hi,

Working on an engagement program and am curious if mixing email assets and default programs in a single stream is recommended. We currently have streams that are either all email assets or default programs, and are looking to mix both into one single stream. Would there be any issues mixing both into a single nurture stream? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uditmathur
Level 4

HI,

Technically speaking there will not be any issue if you use both emails & Default program in an engagement stream.

But there are a few points to be kept in consideration when you have mixed assets in your stream.

• When you use a program in a stream, it doesn’t matter if you’ve received that specific email before. As long as the email was not sent out before in that specific program, you can receive it again. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/drip-nurturing...
  • If you have only 1 engagement program in your stream each lead will show exhausted after being added to that first program since the engagement program will not be able to access whether a lead has already been added to the program or not & when to skip a lead.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
uditmathur
Level 4

HI,

Technically speaking there will not be any issue if you use both emails & Default program in an engagement stream.

But there are a few points to be kept in consideration when you have mixed assets in your stream.

• When you use a program in a stream, it doesn’t matter if you’ve received that specific email before. As long as the email was not sent out before in that specific program, you can receive it again. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/drip-nurturing...
  • If you have only 1 engagement program in your stream each lead will show exhausted after being added to that first program since the engagement program will not be able to access whether a lead has already been added to the program or not & when to skip a lead.
MarkusVogel
Level 1

Thanks!

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The short answer is "no,"  as Udit mentioned. However, mixing up the content type isn't something that I (and most Marketo users) would recommend doing, as:

• If you're using Recipient Time Zone functionality, it's supported only in streams with emails as content pieces; mixing emails with Default programs or having just the Default programs in the stream would hamper your ability to use the recipient time zone functionality within the Engagement program.
  • Fundamentally, both the content types behave differently, i.e., Marketo won't send the email content in the nurture case if it's been previously sent (from any flow/campaign/program); however, Marketo will send the email from the Default program as long as the person isn't a member of it and it wasn't sent earlier from that engagement program only.
  •  If your default programs involve multiple filtering and complex logic, it might be harder to integrate them smoothly into an email-only content nurture stream.

Considering the above items. I'd vote for keeping things the way they are now, i.e., separate streams for email-only and Default program content pieces rather than mixing both in a single stream. Please let us know if you have any questions.

MarkusVogel
Level 1

Thank you!

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

One thing I would add to @uditmathur and @Darshil_Shah1 is the importance of testing the Engagement program to make sure they are delivering as you expect.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Oh yes- thank you, @Zoe_Forman! Testing is something that I'd recommend doing before launching anything (test...test...test)! 👍