Email performance report not pulling correct result

bhupender
Level 1

Email performance report not pulling correct result

Hello All,

I am not sure if its me or anybody else is seeing the same issue. I am trying to pull email performance report using date filter which logically should give me all the email sent during this period but I could see no results are coming. Although there are emails which were sent out during this period.( *I know I can setup email manually but I don't want to use that approach as I am intending to pull report for entire year alter on). Any leads is appreciated

bhupender_0-1712903678012.png

13 REPLIES 13
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Email performance report not pulling correct result

You can check the following things to debug this:

• Ensure correct emails are selected in the Marketing Activities filter in the report's Setup tab.
  • Ensure that filter(s) in the report's smart list are filtering out the activities you anticipate to see in the report. Try removing the filter from the report's smart list tab and see if you see any data in the report.
  • Check whether you have email send activities in that period range (you mentioned in your question you have, but no problem in double checking via a smart list; you can use Was Sent Email, select the emails that you have selected in the report's Setup tab (under the Marketing Activities Emails filter), and use the same date range in the Date of Activity constraint in the filter).

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have questions. 🙂

Christiane_Rode
Level 7 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Echoing everything @Darshil_Shah1 is saying, but want to add one additional point to his item #1.

In the new UI for the setup filter "Filter by Email" window, it's very easy to add additional date ranges thinking that it's the same as the date range that's in the setup tab. Make sure there isn't anything in the Created Date Range/Modified Date Range selectors in the Filter by Email window that will filter out activity. 

bhupender
Level 1

Thanks @Christiane_Rode 

Agree that the new UI for the setup filter "Filter by Email" window, is easy to add additional date ranges but it also has the issue. Once you have select the date in setup it won't consider the dates in Filter by Email date range. It will show you that dates are selected but actual result will be based on setup field dates. Basically it won't refresh the result. e.g. in my snapshot its showing it has 1003 emails which is incorrect.

bhupender_0-1713101171842.png

Tags (1)
Darshil_Shah1

@bhupender, I usually don't use the Created/Updated Date Range option while selecting emails; I usually directly select the emails/folder(s)/program(s). However, I selected the date range in the Created Date Range (Optional) field in the Filter By Email dialog, and it did filter the emails in the "All results" section based on the selected date range. If this isn't the case for you, I'd raise a support ticket with Marketo, providing some examples of the emails displaying after adding the date range filter, which shouldn't be displaying.

bhupender
Level 1

Thank you @Darshil_Shah  Support ticket will help us with this. 

let me float use cases you.

1. As you said just don't select the created date. If I chose the same way only select the Email folder still I am not able to see apply button enabled post selected the folder as its not selecting any email in selected asset side except folder. Screen shot attached below.

bhupender_0-1715155804864.png

Use Case 2:

If I try to pull Email report by using smart list by adding filter "Any". Still no result coming. Which I am sure we have sent almost 200+ email in this period.

bhupender_1-1715155917726.png

Thanks!!

Darshil_Shah1

@bhupender wrote:

Thank you @Darshil_Shah  Support ticket will help us with this. 

let me float use cases you.

1. As you said just don't select the created date. If I chose the same way only select the Email folder still I am not able to see apply button enabled post selected the folder as its not selecting any email in selected asset side except folder. Screen shot attached below.

bhupender_0-1715155804864.png

I think that's a small quirk in the UI- you don't see any emails on thr right at times, but still you should be able to see the number of email selected at the bottom left of the dialog. Snapshot below:

Darshil_Shah1_0-1715839255933.png

As you can in the snapshot above, there's 1 email in the Gated Content folder, but it isn't visible in the right hand side panel; however, it's selected as it's evident from the email selected count at the bottom of the dialog which says: "1 email selected out of 1000 maximum".

Also, for the Use-case 2- you'll only be able to pull the emails that were sent in the past 90 days, as email send, which is considered as a high-volume activity is purged form the Activity log on a rolling period of 90 days. You should select the emails from the Setup tab in the first place, and if you want to filter all the emails, consider removing the Emails filter from the setup tab altogether.

bhupender
Level 1

Thank you @Darshil_Shah1 

FYI.. These issues are coming only post new UI came into place otherwise with old UI everything was working perfectly fine.

Responding to you reply:

1. Yes. I make sure correct emails are selected when I have specific emails report to pull but I have question here why would I need to select email when sent date filter is setup already. Means I have selected date range to pull report so it should fetch report for that period regardless I am selecting the emails or not.

2. for debugging I always keep my smart list criteria empty(no filter will be applied on smart list until unless there is some specific email criteria) but in this case when I am pulling report for entire year it will be empty

3. Date range will always be same.

bhupender
Level 1

used same way as you suggested but it is showing the error that many email selected out of 1000 maximum. The real number of email sent between January to may is around 200 only. No emails are showing in selected assets.

Note: I have extracted the report using revenue explore but this new UI is certainly have issue. Someone need to address it.

@Darshil_Shah1 @alexis_diller  @Katja_Keesom @Christiane_Rode 

bhupender_0-1715077508866.png

Katja_Keesom

From the screenshot there is one additional thing I would want to check. I see global reporting being disabled, which makes me think you may have different workspaces active. Any chance the emails you are expecting to see were built in a different workspace and you need to enable global reporting?

And finally, as the UI may have had something to do with it, have you tried to set it to all emails, so removing the filter for selected emails in the setup entirely?