SOLVED

Email HTML bespoke code Error

Go to solution
Vidhi
Level 2

Email HTML bespoke code Error

Hi Team,

Hope you're having a good week so far.

Actually, just a quick question on the bespoke code that we have added in our email HTML so that we can send an alert to our contact center regarding the comms that are going out.

Surprisingly, the code works really well in one of the workspaces whereas the code is almost similar, as we have just tweaked the variable to read the value from a different field in a different workspace and the rest is the same and is not rendering in a different workspace in Marketo:

• Code that is working fine in the Default workspace:

<emailIndexData><planCode>HC</planCode>
<planMemberId>{{lead.Member number:default=edit me}}</planMemberId>
<customerReference></customerReference>
<sendingApplication>*MARKETO</sendingApplication>
<emailCode>HPMKEM</emailCode>
<recipient>{{lead.Email Address:default=edit me}}</recipient>
<VOW>N</VOW>
</emailIndexData>

• Code that is almost the same but NOT working in our different workspace:

<planMemberId>{​​​​{​​​​​​​​​​​lead.Member Number - IP Warm UP:default=edit me}​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​}​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​</planMemberId>
<recipient>{​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​{​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​lead.Email Address:default=edit me}​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​}​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​</recipient>
<VOW>N</VOW>
</emailIndexData>

I can assure you that the token value is populating in the field lead. Member Number -IP Warm Up and even if I remove this field still the script is not working properly in that particular workspace in previewing.

Maybe it is very bespoke to our world and apologies in advance if it is not a suitable question.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Vidhi

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Email HTML bespoke code Error

To be clear, the tag names would not be expected to be visible in a web browser, only when you view the source of the page.

That’s also true if you paste them into an LP. They’re considered HTMLUnknownElements, and their “source code” would never be displayed. Only the inner text context of each tag would be displayed.

It seems like you’re trying to create a custom microformat within HTML, which is fine if you only care about the body being parsed by a service that understands those otherwise unknown elements, but it’s not clear why you’d expect to see that data in Preview.

Also, I would strongly recommend that you use actual custom element syntax (where the tag names include hyphens). Otherwise you’re creating invalid HTML for no reason.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Can you please highlight your code (using Insert/Edit Code Sample) so it’s readable?

Vidhi
Level 2

Hi @SanfordWhiteman 

Apologies for that!

Now I have added the code that is not rendering the tag values when we preview that email using an email address.

<planMemberId>{​​​​{​​​​​​​​​​​lead.Member Number - IP Warm UP:default=edit me}​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​}​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​</planMemberId>
<recipient>{​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​{​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​lead.Email Address:default=edit me}​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​}​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​</recipient>
<VOW>N</VOW>
</emailIndexData>

SanfordWhiteman

To be clear, the tag names would not be expected to be visible in a web browser, only when you view the source of the page.

That’s also true if you paste them into an LP. They’re considered HTMLUnknownElements, and their “source code” would never be displayed. Only the inner text context of each tag would be displayed.

It seems like you’re trying to create a custom microformat within HTML, which is fine if you only care about the body being parsed by a service that understands those otherwise unknown elements, but it’s not clear why you’d expect to see that data in Preview.

Also, I would strongly recommend that you use actual custom element syntax (where the tag names include hyphens). Otherwise you’re creating invalid HTML for no reason.