SOLVED

Email communication limits / Thank you emails

Go to solution
shweta_k
Level 2

Email communication limits / Thank you emails

Hi all,

Do automated email responses count towards the email counts for communication limits? Our current settings are 1/day and 3/week. If I run a campaign to market an ebook for example, and send an automated thank you email once someone downloads it, will the TY email be counted as an operational email? Should I specifically be marking this as operational? Looking for some best practices and guidance here. 

Thanks,

Shweta.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Email communication limits / Thank you emails

@shweta_k ,

an email that has any marketing or sales aspect to it shouldn't be considered operational.  Hence, you shouldn't be marking your TY email as operational.  Obviously this can vary by jurisdiction, but to be a good corporate citizen, that's the approach I advise all my clients to follow.

And yes, it will count towards communications limits (it was a communication after all).

Operational emails could be things like:

• Double Opt In emails
  • Contract expiry emails (and yes, I know that could be construed as sales, but telling someone an existing service is going to expire is definitely operational). 
  • Consent renewal emails

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@shweta_k ,

an email that has any marketing or sales aspect to it shouldn't be considered operational.  Hence, you shouldn't be marking your TY email as operational.  Obviously this can vary by jurisdiction, but to be a good corporate citizen, that's the approach I advise all my clients to follow.

And yes, it will count towards communications limits (it was a communication after all).

Operational emails could be things like:

• Double Opt In emails
  • Contract expiry emails (and yes, I know that could be construed as sales, but telling someone an existing service is going to expire is definitely operational). 
  • Consent renewal emails

Cheers

Jo

shweta_k
Level 2

Hi Jo,

Thank you! Appreciate the quick response, this is exactly what I was looking for. 

Best,

Shweta.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Mind that you can always choose to ignore the comms limits by unchecking this box in any Smart Campaign:

Michael_Florin_0-1694530669854.png