SOLVED

Re: Edit Email in Smart Campaign Workaround

Go to solution
schlesinger
Level 2

Edit Email in Smart Campaign Workaround

I'm unsure if anyone else has a better solution, but when we need to edit an email in a Smart Campaign, it can be a pain to work with if the email is used across 20+ sales team form notifications with just token variations. Maybe with tokens, there is a better way, but as you know, you cannot unapprove and edit an email when it is in smart campaigns. So a workaround I use is to clone the email and keep an alternate copy in my local assets folder. This way I can edit these, approve them and quickly paste the email name into the smart campaigns without interrupting the notification flow for forms. Then just unapprove the previous one, delete, reclone new one (so it is exact copy).

Let me know if anyone has a better way to do this, advice much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

When you approve the draft, the originally approved version would get automatically replaced by the new version. That is, there's no need to replace the email at all in the smart campaign. There's also an option to send out draft version of the email for testing purposes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Why don't you just create a draft version of the original email and update it? Once you're done making and testing the updates, just approve the email and you should be good to go. Until you don't approve the draft email, people will receive the originally approved version of the email.

schlesinger
Level 2

How would you then put the second draft email into the Smart Camp. and replace the original email?

Darshil_Shah1

When you approve the draft, the originally approved version would get automatically replaced by the new version. That is, there's no need to replace the email at all in the smart campaign. There's also an option to send out draft version of the email for testing purposes.