SOLVED

Dropdown in Marketo Form is not displaying Default selection

Go to solution
JustinG
Level 1

Dropdown in Marketo Form is not displaying Default selection

Hi, 

I have a form I am building that is hidden until the user selects a certain answer. However, when the dropdown shows up, the display text is blank even though I have designated that text the default text to read "What is the reason for the contingency?" The field below "Policy Number" in the screenshot should be populating the default text "What is the reason for the contingency?"

Can anyone assist me?

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 2.42.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-04 at 2.42.10 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Dropdown in Marketo Form is not displaying Default selection

Have you (in the conditional display stuff) got the same options as your base list?

In the list for the field, you've got some values:

Jo_Pitts1_0-1651708948019.png

Consider this the superset of available options.

In the visibility rules, if you want all the options to display, you'll need to have them there as well

Jo_Pitts1_1-1651709003018.png

In Short:

If they exist in the superset, but not in the visibility rules, they don't display.

If they exist in the visibility rules, but not in the superset, they don't display.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Have you (in the conditional display stuff) got the same options as your base list?

In the list for the field, you've got some values:

Jo_Pitts1_0-1651708948019.png

Consider this the superset of available options.

In the visibility rules, if you want all the options to display, you'll need to have them there as well

Jo_Pitts1_1-1651709003018.png

In Short:

If they exist in the superset, but not in the visibility rules, they don't display.

If they exist in the visibility rules, but not in the superset, they don't display.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Jo

JustinG
Level 1

Thank you so much, I had to add the default selection to the picklist. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please link to your form. This will be a lot more efficient than trying to troubleshoot a screenshot.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I think you should check if the select values in the field and the visibility rule do match as Jo says, if the values are same at both  the places, and still you're not able to see the default text, you can share screenshots of the field configuration in form editor along with the link to form as Sandy notes. 🙂

I'd also check if both the form and the LP are in approved state for the changes/up-to date form configuration to reflect on the webpage.