SOLVED

Re: Does marketo support cc and bcc of email ?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does marketo support cc and bcc of email ?

We are using the followign blog to send mails dynamically. 

http://developers.marketo.com/blog/sending-an-email-with-dynamic-content-from-marketo-using-the-api/

Is there any way that we can support cc and bcc ? Does marketo support cc and bcc ?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Santhosh N if you're already using the API, you can do another Request Campaign against a static list of addresses you keep in your server config.  You can change one of your passed tokens so that it adds, for example, the text "[Copy]" or "[BCC]" to the Subject line for the people being copied on the email.

The BCC function that @Justin C is referring to isn't really right for this.  It means that you get a copy of every email sent to a single address. That can really overwhelm your server and is meant for archiving/auditing rather than for day-to-day operation.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

We support BCC to one address. This would be applied for every email though.
Navin_Watumull
Level 2

I have a similar question. We use Marketo to email thousands of clients with information customized to them (i.e. pricing specific to them). We need to dynamically cc the corresponding relationship manager for each client so they are aware of these communications. How can we do this?

I saw a post from 2016 where this functionality was not available. (Can I dynamically cc an email using a token?) Is it available now?

SanfordWhiteman

The answer is it's still on the horizon. I thought there was a recent feature announcement about this, but can't find it in a search.

For now you can use Send Alert directly following the Send Email​ step.

Navin_Watumull
Level 2

Sorry for posting across multiple boards. My first time posting here, still somewhat of a Marketo rookie so please take that into account with my response below.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how Send Alert works, I don't think that will suffice for our needs.

If Client 1 is assigned to relationship manager A and is emailed pricing X, and Client 2 is assigned to relationship manager B and emailed about pricing Y, then we need to inform A about Client 1's pricing, and B about Client 2's pricing (...and so on).

- Is the Send Alert dynamic?

- If so, can I set that up as part of a New Program?

- Or does it have to be set in the flow of a Smart Campaign?

SanfordWhiteman

Send Alert is as dynamic as a standard Send. For example, I use Velocity ("Email Script") tokens extensively in alerts to customize them based on characteristics of the original lead.

Alerts are assembled much like regular emails, in the context of the lead that is running through the flow.  The difference is that the alert is sent to someone else (and of course is logged differently from a regular email, which is a very good thing as you don't want it to seem like someone was sent an email when it actually went to their assigned rep).

The major quirk w/alerts is that in order to have them sent to an email address that's stored in a field on the lead itself, for example storing the email address in a field like {{lead.Relationship Manager}}, the Send Alert needs to be called from a trigger SC, not a batch SC. This means you may have to call Request Campaign from an initial batch campaign in order to have the secondary campaign be in trigger mode. Alternately, you can use a series of Add Choices in a batch campaign. I don't know how exactly you were going to locate the relationship manager in your case.

SanfordWhiteman

@Santhosh N if you're already using the API, you can do another Request Campaign against a static list of addresses you keep in your server config.  You can change one of your passed tokens so that it adds, for example, the text "[Copy]" or "[BCC]" to the Subject line for the people being copied on the email.

The BCC function that @Justin C is referring to isn't really right for this.  It means that you get a copy of every email sent to a single address. That can really overwhelm your server and is meant for archiving/auditing rather than for day-to-day operation.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just came across alerts. Will alert flow will be useful for my case?