SOLVED

Does Marketo have some CRM functionality?

Go to solution
WitkosRobinson
Level 1

Does Marketo have some CRM functionality?

Hello,

Just some questions and learn and grow with the Marketo tool. Can someone help me answer these questions?

• Does Marketo have any CRM functionality whereby you can perform individual contact searches across all campaigns?
  • Can you search for a contact across all campaigns in the tool and at the same time to see what activity\frequency of activity and engagement we have had with them?  E.g can we see if they were sent a Tax newsletter and also signed up for a tax event?  

Thanks so much! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WitkosRobinson
Level 1

Re: Does Marketo have some CRM functionality?

This was so helpful and I couldn't agree more! Marketo is not a CRM and I will keep enforcing this! The information you provided re: solutions to obtain holistic views of contact activities is extremely helpful! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Marketo isn't a CRM. It doesn't have anything I would call "CRM functionality," and even implying that it does will disappoint everyone involved, I can assure you!

Can you search for an individual in the UI? Of course, in the Database section, using their email address as the lookup key.

Can you see all of their past, current, and future Campaigns, Programs, Lists, and Smart Lists in one place in the UI? No.

Can you create a person-centric report? To some degree, if you use a generic report and set the Smart List to include only that person.

Can you see if someone has 2 separate but business-related activities in their Activity Log? Yes, provided the activities haven't aged out, create a Smart List.

Could you continually extract the entire Marketo Lead and Activity databases, and all Program and List memberships, to a separate database in order to pivot your reports in a more flexible fashion? Yes, but a bespoke reporting tool that has dashboards like a CRM still isn't a read-write CRM.

WitkosRobinson
Level 1

This was so helpful and I couldn't agree more! Marketo is not a CRM and I will keep enforcing this! The information you provided re: solutions to obtain holistic views of contact activities is extremely helpful!