SOLVED

Delivered numbers are higher than sent

Go to solution
duongdinh
Level 1

Delivered numbers are higher than sent

Hi, I wanted to share if you have any insights on this?

I’m looking at the overview report of 1 of the email we already sent. Strangely, it’s reported 1906 sent, while there’re 2119 delivered. Basically, it means we were supposed to send this email to 1906 people only, but somehow it ended up having 2119 people receiving it.

duongdinh_0-1687360205281.png

Does anyone know how it can possibly happen? Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Delivered numbers are higher than sent

Interesting! Can you share the report config and numbers so we can look? I hope you would have selected the correct email from the report's setup tab, and if it's being sent by other campaigns/programs, you'd have removed those as well so only the concerned program's numbers get pulled in.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Darshil_Shah1

Do you see the same numbers when you create an email performance report/smart list (assuming this email was sent within the past 90 days) and view Sent and Delivered numbers?

duongdinh
Level 1

Thank you for your answer.

Indeed the email performance report has different numbers of sent and delivered (way bigger). Now I'm confused on which report is correct for me to track.

FYI, the report in my screenshot is taken from the email itself in "Marketing Activities". And the Performance report is taken from tab "Analytics" 

Darshil_Shah1

Interesting! Can you share the report config and numbers so we can look? I hope you would have selected the correct email from the report's setup tab, and if it's being sent by other campaigns/programs, you'd have removed those as well so only the concerned program's numbers get pulled in.

Christiane_Rode
Level 6 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Totally agree with @Darshil_Shah1's suggestion of pulling a report and looking at those stats to get accurate numbers.

Something also to note, there looks to be something going on with your dashboard that could also be a reason why your numbers are strange in this view. If you look at the chart on the right, the column chart looks odd (not anything you did!), and I'm assuming that the x-axis is showing numbers like 0 .5 .5 (twice with numbers in both columns), etc.

Hopefully, the email performance report is more stable.

Christiane_Rode
Level 6 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Following up on this ... @duongdinh, you should reach out to support, as the above is a bug with how the data is viewed in the dashboard. 

Darshil_Shah1

Agreed with Christiane! Sometimes the dashboard takes a while to update, but if you're still seeing the incorrect data, you should definitely raise a support ticket. I'd also advise you to verify a few more Email programs and see whether the metrics aren't accurate there as well.

duongdinh
Level 1

Thank you @Darshil_Shah1 and @Christiane_Rode

I have raised the ticket as this is something worth more investigation. And in the meantime, i will follow the email performance report to have an overview on the data (The data makes more sense in this one)