SOLVED

Re: Daylight Saving Time

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daylight Saving Time

I just submitted a form at 7:30AM CDT, but the record in Marketo shows it was submitted at 6:30AM. Is there something I need to do in settings to adjust for Daylight Saving Time? Seems like that would be an automatic update.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is your account set to CDT? Name > Account

Then check Admin > Location

The system time will be different, although most of the time Marketo will display the time in YOUR personal time zone.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is your account set to CDT? Name > Account

Then check Admin > Location

The system time will be different, although most of the time Marketo will display the time in YOUR personal time zone.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an email set to launch at 10:30am GMT prior to the daylight savings kicking in.
I assumed the system would update itself and still send my email out at 10:30am GMT but this was not the case.
It launched at 9:30am GMT.
Even when I go edit the time on the stream to say 10:30am GMT it is saying it is scheduled for this time but it is showing 9:30am GMT.
Very messy and confusing. I would like the system to update itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I discovered the same issue with scheduled emails as well today. Seems very strange that the system wouldn't update automatically.
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

+1 on the posts above. It seems like Marketo does not automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time in the U.S., which likely means our scheduled reports, emails, etc. are going to be 1 hour off for half of the year! Not good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. So we have to manually change the time zone to daylight?? Seems like this should be automatic.

Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

I've received mixed answers on this:

-- Some users in the Community have said their time updated automatically, while others say it did not.
  -- A Marketo support rep told me it doesn't happen automatically. (I opened a support ticket about this)
  -- Another Marketo employee said the GMT offset time does update automatically in the regions that use standard or daylight time at different parts of the year.  (see more here:  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000KIhGAAW

So the non-clear-cut answer I've come to is....perhaps for those of us whose time didn't update automatically, we had our org set on an incorrect time zone prior to the clock change.