Data Lookup to Pre-Populate Forms with Data in SFDC

Naomi_Marr1
Level 2

Data Lookup to Pre-Populate Forms with Data in SFDC

Has anyone used a data lookup to pre-populate forms with data stored in SFDC? We send out customer invites for small, specialized events and we have all the invitees details so we'd like to either pre-populate their information (not relying on the Munchin/cookie) or just present them with an "RSVP" button that submits their information on the backend. Wondering if anyone has any creative ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Naomi Marr
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Data Lookup to Pre-Populate Forms with Data in SFDC

Why SFDC and not the Marketo REST API?

Of course you can also use the SFDC API, but unless you have a technology investment there it's not any easier.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if I am understanding your question right but I had a data look up custom field from SFDC, and I wanted to use the data in a worklow, but was having trouble. I was told that Marketo has trouble trying to use data from a SFDC lookup field, that it was better to use picklists. Not sure this would help if there is a lot to choose from in the lookup. 
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Debbie M I didn't get the impression that @Naomi M was talking about "lookups" as in cross-referenced fields, but I could be wrong.

@Naomi M I would add that if you really just want a big button that says "RSVP", you don't need to show the Lead their own details to update the Lead record.  If they click a link in a Marketo e-mail, their cookie will be associated with their Lead record automatically, so they will be updating the database. (You can actually give them a form that doesn't have any fields at all, just a big Submit button renamed to RSVP.  Then look for a Filled Out Form activity.)

If this doesn't apply, I need to know more details about your goals.