Creating Activities in SF Based on Nurture

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Activities in SF Based on Nurture

I have several nurture programs going and was wondering if when an email is sent if it can be logged in activities in SF. I don't see it as a flow option. 

Is the best solution to tell my sales people to check the "email" tab in SI?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Re: Creating Activities in SF Based on Nurture

Sara,

You can create a task with Create Task if you're trying to remind/notfiy your sales people.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't necessarily want to notify them - just make it easier for them to see which email has been sent without going in to SI.
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way other than to turn on "Email Sent" in the Sync Options in the Admin section and it sounds like you just want the activity logged for these specific emails, not everything sent from Marketo.
Robert_Solis1
Level 3

To record activities for specific emails can only be accomplished using the "Create Task" flow step in a trigger campaign looking for those emails being sent.  The only caveat with using "Create Task" is that it can take up space in Salesforce over time.  Turning on the "Email Sent" activity for the Sync Option would create a substantial amount of completed Tasks as it would be for all emails sent through Marketo.  Sales Insight offers the least amount of storage/API needed for Sales Reps to see the Emails sent but it would show all of the Emails.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't you think Interesting Moments could work for you?
Or you could create a custom field for last Nurture email sent and add that field to SFDC lead profile, e.g. to "Marketing Information" section.
Anonymous
Not applicable

All great suggestions. Thanks guys!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elena,

How would you update the value for the last email sent field with an engagement progmra?