Re: Configure Sales Insight as Lightning Component in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Configure Sales Insight as Lightning Component in SFDC

I want to configure Marketo Sales Insight(MSI) as a Lightning Component within Salesforce, rather than have it displayed on the standard page layouts. As we migrate to lightning, I'm finding this configuration would give us a lot more flexibility in our page design, as well as putting the Sales Insight in a more relevant place for our sales team.

The SFDC Standard Lightning Components allow you to use any standard visualforce page that uses API version 32.0 and later. See this support doc, the section titled "Visualforce Page Component" https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lightning_page_components.htm&type=5

The problem is the Marketo Visualforce Pages for MSI are all using API version 20.0, which is not compatible with the standard Visualforce Page Component within Lightning. There are mobile versions of the MSI pages which are compatible, but they are much more limited in scope regarding the information they provide.

Has anyone successfully deployed the MSI pages as Lightning Components in SFDC, either using the standard Visualforce Page Component or any other methods? Also, how can we get the MSI visualforce pages updated to a current API version, which would also solve this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sounds fancy. Is this even possible? I don't think MSI has been updated to be remotely customizable.

Steven Vanderberg

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Customization and Sales Insight mix like oil and water most of the time.  I don't think this is doable but I'm not super familiar with Lightning.  We have some info here of what is and isn't supported with MSI and Lightning; a lot of core features are not yet supported.  Salesforce Lightning Experience - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Did you have any luck with this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, Marketo needs to update the API version that's used with the MSI visualforce pages.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Dan Dlugos​,

I created a ticket with Marketo today to see if they could update some check boxes in the backend of the Marketo Sales Insight Plugin.

Checking the boxes will allow the different areas of sales insights to have their own tabs along the top of a lead view rather than appearing in the default view. See the screen shots below.  I will let you know what happens.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 09.43.46.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-09 at 09.43.56.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-09 at 09.44.01.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, please let me know what you hear. Although, from my SFDC experience (which is primary for me, MKTO is a secondary role), this is more involved than a simple checkbox. The MSI pages within SFDC are using a really old API, version 20. The option to make a visualforce page available for lightning and mobile apps requires API version 32 or newer.

The Winter 18 Salesforce release updated the current API to version 41, so the pages using version 20 are fairly outdated.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Dan,

Thanks for this info, I'll let you know what they respond with.  Regardless, the MSI plugin is in need of an overhaul which I hope they can do sooner rather than later.

Thanks,

Gerard

Marlaine_Hudgin
Level 2

Hey Gerard,

Did you ever get a response from support on this? Is it possible?

Suzanne_Wink1
Level 2

Yes this is possible.

We show the Marketo tab as a separate (custom) tab on our lighting pages:

MSI.jpg

Lightning Component.jpg

A few side notes:

• Ensure you are using a recent version of the MSI package. We are using version 1.4364.
  • I did get an error initially when trying to drag the Visualforce page 'Lead' onto my Lightning Page but this was resolved after I first added the MSI visual page to the details section (where it normally sits) while in Classic Mode. After switching back to lightning I was no longer getting the error and the 'Available for Lightning Experience.. " checkbox was now ticked.
  • Another pretty cool trick: you can place the MSI component on the side of the page by using the Lead Mobile visualforce page (in stead of the Lead page):

lead mobile msi.jpg

Hope this helps!

- Suzanne