Re: changing field values in SFDC affect on marketo side

stacenic
Level 3

changing field values in SFDC affect on marketo side

Hi All, 

Just double checking - if I change the values on a field in SFDC meaning that if the field values used appear as A,B,C but now they will be A1,B2,C3 - will that affect anything on the marketo side? The field name is staying the same, just updating how the values appear. This is a picklist field. The field also already has data associated, meaning that records already have values associated with this field. 

The reason for the change, is that this field is both on the contact & account object, and we want to establish a hierarchy on the account level. So if the contacts all have different values, we want the highest value to be associated with the field on the account object. In order to do that we need to rank the field values & have a number in them now. 

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To Marketo, this is just one String. The only exception is on a Marketo form, where the String is split up if it's associated with a Checkboxes or Select-Multiple field.
stacenic
Level 3

Thank you for your response! I'm not sure it entirely answers my question though... We are not changing the field type - thats staying the same. We are changing the existing values on the field. So instead of the values being A, B, C they will now appear as A1, B2, C3. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I didn’t refer to changing the field type in my response above.