SOLVED

Change from: from-address in Email template to default for every email template

Go to solution
akshat_goyal
Level 3

Change from: from-address in Email template to default for every email template

Hi,

When I am saving this email template and want to make the FROM and FROM ADDRESSS to default test@test.com and after that I save that template and approve it.

And create a new email in Marketing activities and hence it shows me the user details in  FROM and FROM ADRESSS instead of the default details that i saved as template. Can't we change this and make the default for every template instead of fetching user information in the FROM and FROM-address fields in email template?

Thanks

akshat_goyal_0-1709664149323.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uditmathur
Level 4

Re: Change from: from-address in Email template to default for every email template

Default From Label & From Email is applicable per admin user basis i.e. if Admin ABC have made the default as From: ABC & From Email: ABC@----.com than when ever ABC creates a  new email this default will be displayed.

If any other admin user logs in & create a new email the value will be different from ABC & ABC@---.com

uditmathur_0-1709727177590.png

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/administration/email-setup/change...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Change from: from-address in Email template to default for every email template

Hi @akshat_goyal  whether you have TEST@test or the user email in the FROM in the template, when creating a new email you will need to change to your chosen email address and domain each time, so does it matter that the User name comes up in FROM address?

akshat_goyal
Level 3

so is there any option we can make it default and don't have to change everytime? 

@Zoe_Forman 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

FYI it’s really not advisable to use private domains like email.com or test.com. Those aren’t placeholders, they’re real domains owned by companies.

You should use example.com or domain.example, both of which are guaranteed per RFC to never be registered to private companies.

akshat_goyal
Level 3

Hi @SanfordWhiteman  I just use that as an reference to send it on community portal. but can we keep it default for every email so I dont need to change? 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK, but again don't use somebody else's registered domain if you mean it as a placeholder.
Demand_Frontie3
Level 1

Hi Mate!

It's really not difficult, go to your marketo admin, go to the email tab and there in From Email: put the address you want to appear always, with the From: label you can also put a default from and below you can do the same for the default domain in the branding domains option.

After saving go and create a new email and you are done.

akshat_goyal
Level 3

but how it will work for different partitions, we want to make it default for a specific partition. @Demand_Frontie3 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

From-Address or Reply-To-Address are not part of an email template. Therefore you can't set a default value for them.

As already said here, under "Admin --> Email" you can set default values for your new emails, but only for From-Email and Label, not for the reply-to-address. So that setup has only limited usefulness.

BUT: In your Marketo endgame, the cases where you create a new email from scratch are rather rare. In a perfect world, you will clone from a Program Template which again inherits token values from higher folders:

Michael_Florin_0-1709725277130.png

That's how you prevent user errors when creating new emails.

uditmathur
Level 4

Default From Label & From Email is applicable per admin user basis i.e. if Admin ABC have made the default as From: ABC & From Email: ABC@----.com than when ever ABC creates a  new email this default will be displayed.

If any other admin user logs in & create a new email the value will be different from ABC & ABC@---.com

uditmathur_0-1709727177590.png

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/administration/email-setup/change...