SOLVED

Can't Add Default Program to Engagement Stream

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 6

Can't Add Default Program to Engagement Stream

Happy Friday, Community Friends!

I'm not sure if I'm being dim or if I've done something wrong or if Marketo is being a jerk today. I've just set up a few more default programs to add to my existing/active Engagement Program and I can't add the program to the stream.

The email within the program is approved/active, the Skip Email Campaign is activated, the Send Email Campaign includes "Member of Engagement Program = {{This Nurture}}".

Here's a quick screenshot of the Default Program itself (which I cloned from the prior default programs so I knew all the details were going to be included): 

michellechopin_0-1699647456568.png

When I search for the Program in the stream, I only see the 6 programs that are already active in there:

michellechopin_1-1699647498172.png

What am I missing? I have tried deactivating the Trigger campaign and also turning the entire nurture off, but neither seems to get that Program to show. I hope it's user error and I'll roll my eyes at myself when I learn what the issue is 😋

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michellechopin
Level 6

Re: Can't Add Default Program to Engagement Stream

Apparently, Marketo was being slow and now those programs are available to me in the Stream.

Must just be a Friday 😋

Happy weekend, all!

Michelle

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
michellechopin
Level 6

Apparently, Marketo was being slow and now those programs are available to me in the Stream.

Must just be a Friday 😋

Happy weekend, all!

Michelle

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Glad you figured this out eventually! TBH, this is a bit strange; I've never experienced this with Engagement programs. It's usually best to wait for a few minutes (sometimes a few hours) in case one isn't able to select or see the asset/program/see the update.

michellechopin
Level 6

I'd never experienced that either and I had left about 10-15 minutes between turning those campaigns on and trying to add them to the stream, so I was quite confused (and because I couldn't see anything different from other programs that were showing, nor remember that I had done anything different myself).

I would also love it if, like training videos, one could actually drag and drop emails or programs into the streams - that would make that process a little smoother (especially in a circumstance like this or one where there are a number of items to add back to back).

My colleague always says that, when you ask a question out loud, the answer comes to you, and I feel like this was one of those occasions (and a good thing to remember that sometimes, we might need a few hours for things to sort themselves out!).

Appreciate you acknowledging my post as always @Darshil_Shah1 😀

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I would also love it if, like training videos, one could actually drag and drop emails or programs into the streams

That feature existed once, but it was killed through a UI update not too long ago.

(I now could suggest to you to open an Idea here, but I've lost faith in the process, so I won't do it...)

michellechopin
Level 6

@Michael_Florin I wondered as much given so many training videos include the functionality! Wonder why they removed it - even if it's not actively speeding up the process of adding content (for programs anyways; it would definitely make adding emails faster), I can't imagine keeping it would do/did any harm.

I can happily add it as an idea or support an existing one if others also want it - I'm with you on the lack of attention given to the Ideas but I'll still keep trying!

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Yeah, as @Michael_Florin said the drag-and-drop feature was removed with the introduction of the new next-gen user experience. Additionally, it would be nice if Marketo showed a message saying that the back-end process may take a while to complete for this asset/program to be used and referenced at other places (like the Engagement program stream).

Also, you are always welcome, and it is always a pleasure chatting/exchanging thoughts with you here.  🙂