Re: Can Marketo handle duplicate email addresses for different people?

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

YES! Nice approach, I like it a lot!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Cool, I shall add it as an official blog post one o' these days.

Nathan_Fehler2
Level 2

Does this approach create a loop that continues until there are no more qualified records, or would you still need to know the maximum number of accounts that any one email address was associated with?  I.e. create XX number of requested campaigns to match count from previous statement.

SanfordWhiteman

You don't need to count anything in advance!

Jan_Cerny
Level 1

This process works well, but after some testing, it seems like the duplicate email that is also being sent, doesn't populate a form on the landing page, although it does provide the correct First name and Last name of the duplicate lead. 

Any suggestions? Many thanks

SanfordWhiteman

The additional email is just a Send Email step which doesn't have any effect on the tracking link (the addition of the  mkt_tok query param to the tracking link is what allows native Pre-Fill to work).

So what you're seeing sounds like the standard way Pre-Fill works. If the session is associated with a different lead from the lead that received the email (remember, the leads are different, the Email Address notwithstanding) then the mismatch "neuters" Pre-Fill.

You can use enhanced Pre-Fill JS if you want to work around that: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/New-York-User-Group-Discussions/Form-Pre-Fill-External-sites-No-limits...

Aaron_Tan
Level 2

Hi Guys,

New to Marketo and apologies bringing this old thread back up.

Trying to follow Sanford Whiteman‌ approach to send multiple emails to the same email address.

But for some reason in my Request Campaign step, no campaigns are appearing for me to assign against Request Campaign:

Am I missing a step before hand?

SanfordWhiteman

Your campaign needs to be requestable: it needs to trigger on Campaign is Requested.

Aaron_Tan
Level 2

Thanks Sanford!  Will give it another try