SOLVED

Re: Can I dynamically cc an email using a token?

Go to solution
Irwin_Horowitz
Level 2

Can I dynamically cc an email using a token?

We have an email going out to students who have filled out an application form.  In the application form there's a field that contains the parent's email address.  A Salesforce integration is involved.  The student is the Marketo lead (Salesforce Contact), and the application is a dependent object.  We've created a token for the parent's email address in Marketo. 

Can I create a cc for the email send using the parent's email token?

Thanks,

Irwin Horowitz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Irwin, there are tons of ideas on this, but the cc functionality doesn't currently exist in Marketo. You'd have to come up with an alternate workaround for this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Irwin, there are tons of ideas on this, but the cc functionality doesn't currently exist in Marketo. You'd have to come up with an alternate workaround for this.

Irwin_Horowitz
Level 2

Thanks Dory.  I'll try to come up with a workaround.  But it does seem like a function that Marketo should provide.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Irwin, while true CC functionality doesn't exist in Marketo, as long as this is part of a trigger campaign (not batch), then you can leverage tokens in an alert. Just use the same email for the alert email; and use the parent email address for the token you insert in the "to other emails" field:

pastedImage_0.png

Navin_Watumull
Level 2

We use Marketo to email thousands of clients with information customized to them (i.e. pricing specific to them). We need to dynamically cc the corresponding relationship manager for each client so they are aware of these communications.

How can we do this? Has this functionality been built yet?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Answered on Does marketo support cc and bcc of email ?.  It's better to open a new thread and include links to old ones, or update a single old thread, than to update multiple old threads with the same question, as we will not be able to coordinate answers.