SOLVED

Asynchronous Google Analytics Snippet Placement

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asynchronous Google Analytics Snippet Placement

Hi!  I would like to know best practice of where to put the async GA snippet on Marketo landing pages?  The templated script has a comment block for it at the bottom of the blody but I believe this is for the older GA script as Google now recommends it should go at the bottom of the header. 

Thanks! 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asynchronous Google Analytics Snippet Placement

Follow what Google recommends.  Really there is not much of a downside on this one either will work but for easy of implementation, follow the rec.

Cheers,
Eric

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow what Google recommends.  Really there is not much of a downside on this one either will work but for easy of implementation, follow the rec.

Cheers,
Eric

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am interested in this. We're using the async script but I have it at the end of the body as the landing page templates instruct.  I can't tell for sure if I'm losing traffic data on the GA side, but I'm equally concerned about the alternative- having the code in the head and have it interfere with Marketo's tracking. Has anyone experimented with this or have a definitive answer?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeff,

I switched my website over to the async code over a year ago with no problems and the month to month and yearly  numbers were inline with our norms.  There is no way to prove it definatively without a second monitoring system using another tool or serverside logs.

Cheers,
Eric