SOLVED

Approved marketo form not reflected on web page

Go to solution
rdhoju
Level 1

Approved marketo form not reflected on web page

I had a course dropdown field which was required to be populated from external api call. I was able to do it via marketo REST api by updating the field and approving it. I can see the updated values in dropdown in preview mode in marketo form, but the page using that marketo form is still showing the old values. I did hard refresh so many times. It took me 3-4 mins to get reflected. How can I get rid of it?

Can someone please help me.

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Approved marketo form not reflected on web page

The form descriptor is cached for a few minutes to increase performance. This is standard and afaik can’t be altered.

If you want to make JIT changes to dropdown options, it’s better to drive the options from an external file + JS. Lets you instantly update the options on all forms, too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Is this a Marketo landing page? If so, if the form is added to it via a form element (not via embed form JS), you'd need to approve the landing page too to see the updated approved form on it. A landing page with a form added to it via the form element automatically goes into Draft mode when a form is updated and approved.

I did hard refresh so many times. It took me 3-4 mins to get reflected. How can I get rid of it?

This is a bit confusing to me, when you say "it took me 3-4 mins to get reflected", does this mean that you saw form updates on the landing page after 3-4 mins. or something else? If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about it though as this is expected.

rdhoju
Level 1

Thanks for your reply @Darshil_Shah1 . I am not using Marketo landing page. I embedded the marketo form using Javascript. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Cool- thank you for that clarification, @rdhoju! Forms embedded via the JS indeed don't need the LP to be approved after approving the form-level changes. Also, as mentioned earlier, a 3-4 minute delay is fine and is probably due to the caching. I'd not worry about it much.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The form descriptor is cached for a few minutes to increase performance. This is standard and afaik can’t be altered.

If you want to make JIT changes to dropdown options, it’s better to drive the options from an external file + JS. Lets you instantly update the options on all forms, too.