Re: Anyone using a Scheduling Tool for Forms?

Parfitt_David
Level 3

Anyone using a Scheduling Tool for Forms?

Hi everyone,

For upcoming trade shows, we typically attempt to drive people to either our events web page, or to an event Marketo LP where we list a particular trade show we will exhibit at. Our goal is to fill up our sales teams' schedules with meetings, so we ask prospects if they would like to schedule time with one of our reps at that event. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for a scheduling tool that integrates with Marketo, and, possibly in our forms? The hope is once someone checks the box that that want to schedule a meeting, the available times populate and the person can make a selection.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Dave

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I've integrated Calendly, Appointlet, and ChiliPiper.

I prefer Calendly because it doesn't require a separate back-end calendar. Others assume you have a web calendar (Google, Office 365) to draw on.

If you have a back-end calendar, it's less of a clear call. You need to review the UX of each of the platforms to see which one is "best" for you.

Eric_Lee3
Level 2

Is it possible to trigger a Calendly appointment outside of a service like Zapier, e.g., a webhook? As in, can a couple of Marketo date fields be passed to Calendly in this manner? I haven't seen a whole lot of examples of this, or perhaps I'm misunderstanding the nation of such an integration.

SanfordWhiteman

I can't imagine a situation in which this would be useful -- an end-user self-scheduling tool is just that. If you integrate Calendly with another (Outlook, Salesforce, GCal) calendar you can also schedule appts using that service's API (not Calendly's) and the time will be blocked out.

Akhila1994
Level 1

Is there any documentation on how to integrate calendly with Marketo?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

AFAIK - there isn't an OOTB integration available for integrating Marketo and Calendly, you can use third-party integration apps or use the APIs of both platforms to build a custom connector. Building a custom connector would definitely require more time and effort to build and set up than using the third-party integration apps like Zapier. Also, using no-code third-party apps like Zapier to integrate Marketo-Calendly is pretty simple and hence, if you have a basic idea of the integration platform, you can very well set up the required recipe/zap.

SanfordWhiteman

Don't agree here. It's immeasurably easier to write a custom app to create Custom Objects (as is required here) because there's no canned "Zap" and you need to write custom code within Zapier, which is a clumsy nightmare.
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Gotcha! Thank you, Sandy! I was just reading about your approach to set this up using CO in the other post here.