SOLVED

Re: Add "hint text" to "select" field type in form?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add "hint text" to "select" field type in form?

Is this possible?  In a lot of form field types, rather than a field label, you can add hint text withing the field.  I'm hoping that this is also possible with a "select" field type.  Is it?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Dave
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi David,

To customize the default display value of a select field, choose that field in the form editor, click Edit values, then change the default value "Select..." to whatever text you want to appear by default.  In my example, I have changed the Company Name default value to "Select Your Company"

Field Editor:
0EM50000000SfUM.jpg

How it appears on the form:

0EM50000000SfUR.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Valerie_Armstro

Hi David,

To customize the default display value of a select field, choose that field in the form editor, click Edit values, then change the default value "Select..." to whatever text you want to appear by default.  In my example, I have changed the Company Name default value to "Select Your Company"

Field Editor:
0EM50000000SfUM.jpg

How it appears on the form:

0EM50000000SfUR.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! This helped me out as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm familiar with the above process and have done it several times, and at first it was working fine without any issues. However, without making any changes to the fields/display labels, the feature is not working all of the sudden... Any ideas why that would happen?

As is now, every time I check the page, the hint text is not there. Yesterday it was working just fine. One of the fields still displays the hint text, while the others do not.

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

Valerie_Armstro

Ivan Gaal​ - just tested it myself in my instance and not having any issues. I would recommend removing the field from the form and rebuild it. Make sure when you make changes that the value you want to display as "hint text" for the field is selected as Default and has no Stored Value.

Form Editor:
pastedImage_0.png