SOLVED

Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name

What are the differences between both of these, are they ever auto-assigned, if so which ones and when?  Can we populate Acquisition Program in a Flow step with Change Data and assign a token, i.e. {{campaign.name}}?  I tried to do this, and it kept clearing the field, so I am assuming you can't.  This would be a great way to utilize this field, since it is really an operational function and could be done in the Operational steps, if we could use a token.  Please let me know if this can work, or if you know if it is in the works?  Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name

Hi Nancy,

I checked again and it seems once the Acquisition Program is set (has come value) you can not change it. But you can change it if a lead doesn't have an AP set yet. However, you need to have a program in Marketo (or create one) that you can then assign to a lead as an new AP value. So in this sense you should be able to use campaigns to manipulate AP value, as long as you assign an existing AP.

The only situation I managed to create where lead's AP has a value, but the AP doesn't exist, is in case when you delete an AP. Then the lead's AP changes to [AP] - deleted (#).

As for the difference AP vs. AP Name. The AP Name is just a Name of a Program, a text value that doesn't exist without an AP. Its value is directly referenced to an AP and you can not manipulate it.

Hope this helps;m

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I am not 100% sure on that, so I'd appreciate if someone also corrects me in case I am wrong. But I guess that Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name are two different "objects", with APN being just a name of the first (text).

Following the same logic, I guess the error you get is because the data types don't match. To update the Acquisition Program, you need to have a Program that you can assign to it. You can not assign a campaign to AP, because data type don't match.

But its an interesting question, will check it out by myself as well

Best;m

Hi Nancy,

I checked again and it seems once the Acquisition Program is set (has come value) you can not change it. But you can change it if a lead doesn't have an AP set yet. However, you need to have a program in Marketo (or create one) that you can then assign to a lead as an new AP value. So in this sense you should be able to use campaigns to manipulate AP value, as long as you assign an existing AP.

The only situation I managed to create where lead's AP has a value, but the AP doesn't exist, is in case when you delete an AP. Then the lead's AP changes to [AP] - deleted (#).

As for the difference AP vs. AP Name. The AP Name is just a Name of a Program, a text value that doesn't exist without an AP. Its value is directly referenced to an AP and you can not manipulate it.

Hope this helps;m

Daniela_Bachman
Level 2

How do you guys group with SFDC Campaigns as well?

Person source - "HOW"

Acquisition Program - "What"

SFDC Campaign - "what" as well?

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Nancy Rosenthal​,

Credit to: Dan Stevens.

There is a good explanation of it here: Acquisition Program Name and Date Not Automatically Set

Thanks,

Gerard