SOLVED

A/B Testing - Send Limit

Go to solution
Sue-B
Level 1

A/B Testing - Send Limit

I am trying to do an A/B Test (on subject line) but the list is larger than our send limit.

I upped the limit for member and ran that. 

I adjusted the test % to ensure that the winning send # was under our send limit, but the send failed.

Is there a way to increase the send limit in an A/B Test please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: A/B Testing - Send Limit

You can't adjust the comms limit in an Email Program, but you can choose to ignore it. Uncheck this box:

Michael_Florin_1-1678707473081.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Did you increase the limit to a value greater than the total number of people qualified for the email send program or just to a value greater than the test sample size? Ideally, you should increase the limits to a value greater than the total number of people qualified for the email send program (and not just for receiving the test or winning email separately).

Sue-B
Level 1

Hi,

Normally I can adjust the send limit but do not see where to do so in the A/B test - it might be that I do not have sufficient rights to see/do. If I could, I would have made it higher than the entire send. 🙂

Michael_Florin
Level 10

You can't adjust the comms limit in an Email Program, but you can choose to ignore it. Uncheck this box:

Michael_Florin_1-1678707473081.png

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

We aren't able to adjust the max people that could be processed by an email program at the program level itself (unlike you can at the individual smart campaign level). I'm afraid that you'd need to get the numbers updated in the Admin > Smart Campaigns to process the email send program.

Additionally, Michael has added a snapshot of the setting available at the individual campaign/email send program level that could be updated to ignore the marketing email communication limits set in the Admin (Marketo Admin > Email Communication Limits). This, however, is a different setting than the max number that could be processed by a smart campaign/email send program.