If a customer completely refreshes their SFDC instance, a new SFDC ORG ID will be created causing the Marketo Sync to break. Marketo Support can re-connect the customer’s Marketo instance to the new SFDC ORG ID. Marketo support cannot switch the connection to a different SFDC instance.
1. Only a total refresh will generate a new SFDC ORG ID. An SFDC data refresh will not change the SFDC ORG ID.
2. If you have a lot of data in SFDC (e.g. Leads or Contacts), please work with Marketo Support or Professional Services about optimizing the sync as you can put Sync filters on these objects. Here’s an article about implementing a sync filter.
3. After SFDC refresh, we recommend not changing sync user credentials.
4. If you are using OAuth to connect SFDC and Marketo, please contact Marketo Support before proceeding with the refresh.
All these records will be marked as deleted as SFDC is Deleted is True in Marketo. These records can be deleted from Marketo. New records will be inserted into Marketo from SFDC as their System ModStamp is changed. An SFDC Admin can sync all records by modifying the System ModStamp.
2. What happens to data in Marketo that was syncing?
Any records which were syncing, that are no longer in SFDC, will continue to be in Marketo but will no longer sync. These records can be deleted from Marketo.
3. How to handle Sync Backlog?
Contact Marketo Support to clear a backlog. They can change the watermark.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.