SOLVED

Re: Dynamic Chat Dialogue - Only showing first time Audience criteria is met?

Go to solution
Mark-Knight
Level 2

Dynamic Chat Dialogue - Only showing first time Audience criteria is met?

Trying to setup Dynamic Chat Dialogues (ie Triggered automated chats) within my website. 

I can get the chat to appear on my site and go through the Stream Designer as defined. BUT it only shows the first time the Audience definition criteria is met.

> Is there a way to get it to trigger EACH time the criteria is met?

Currently defining it to show on specific URLs, when been on page > 3 seconds and if the Inferred Country is one of my target countries, so nothing to complex in the setup.

Why is this not showing each time the criteria is met? Surely this would be a popular use case?

Mark Knight
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jsiebert
Level 4

Hey, Mark!

That is by design for Dynamic Chat's Dialogue functionality. Refer to the FAQ for more information.

I recommend using the Ideas forum to recommend this for future release schedules! 

Jack Siebert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jsiebert
Level 4

Hey, Mark!

That is by design for Dynamic Chat's Dialogue functionality. Refer to the FAQ for more information.

I recommend using the Ideas forum to recommend this for future release schedules! 

Jack Siebert
Mark-Knight
Level 2

Thanks for the response. Interesting design choice...

> I have created an entry within IDEAS for consideration - Vote for it here if you agree: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/ideas/dynamic-chat-always-trigger/idi-p/343467

In the meantime, it hass been suggested to me to put the chatbot in a loop - ie connect the endpoints back to the start.

Thanks

Mark Knight
jsiebert
Level 4

@Mark-Knight You should read the latest product release notes! I think you'll be excited 

"Option to Repeat Dialogue: You can now make a Dialogue restart at the beginning after a visitor has reached the end." is coming soon! 

Also love the idea about the loop. I have implemented that on a couple of my dialogues, but not to start the entire flow again - just for a few response options! That is a great fix until the new features roll out! 
Jack Siebert