How long does MSI take to synch over emails into SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does MSI take to synch over emails into SFDC?

I am seeing inconsistent synch times with MSI's synch into SFDC. Some email data takes more than a day and shows "Email information being updated from Marketo".

Is this normal? What kind of time frame should we expect to share with our sales team?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does MSI take to synch over emails into SFDC?

Hi Naor,

Are you referring to SFDC Activities? Or are you referring to the Email tab in MSI?

I haven't seen any delays with the MSI plugin updating, but I have seen some rather significant delays with logging Activities. It seems like the sync shouldn't take any longer than 5 minutes, since the API calls are made that often, but sometimes it's taking upwards of an hour or more.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Naor are you asking about the time to synch to the Activity History related list in the Lead / Contact records?  My understanding is that Marketo only synchs 1 activity per day, (the others go in the bit bucket)  and I think this generally occurs at night.  I've not seen the message you noted.

The Sales Insight section in the Lead / Contact record is really a window into the Marketo lead record, so there is no synching and all the appropriate activities show up almost immediately.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the email will show up in the MSI "window" or tab, for lack of a better word, and when the information is eventually updated in the ACTIVITY area in the SFDC contact or lead, there MAY or MAY NOT be a link to view the email. In this case, sometimes 24 hours later, it will say something like "Marketo is updating this email information"
Anonymous
Not applicable

I submitted a case to tech support about this recently and it can be caused by a non-printable character in the email that is being logged / saved into SFDC.  I'll try to update this discussion if I learn more.