Campaigns in an Engagement Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Campaigns in an Engagement Program

Hey All,

I had a few questions about campaigns within engagement programs:

1.  I know that engagement programs automatically do not send an email if an email with the same id (the same email) has already been sent.  Is this still true if the email is part of a smart campaign within the engagement program? (I saw that the Marketo team sends all engagement emails via programs http://blog.marketo.com/blog/2013/11/forget-the-flowchart-lead-nurturings-new-paradigm-in-4-simple-steps.html?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRogu6vKcO%2FhmjTEU5z16OgvW6Gxg4kz2EFye%2BLIHETpodcMScNlNrDYDBceEJhqyQJxPr3AKtEN0sx6RhjhDw%3D%3D and so wanted to mimic this but didn't want to lose the ability to stop emails from from double sending...)

2. When you have a smart campaign within an engagement program that is set by a batch filter (member of engagement program) will it still wait until the cadence reaches it to send?  Do I need to schedule the campaign to run or is activating it inside the stream enough to make it run on the same schedule as the cadence?

Thanks for the help!

-Nathan

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Campaigns in an Engagement Program

No you don't have to schedule it. It will run on the cadence schedule from your engagement program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Campaigns in an Engagement Program

To answer your first question, if the email is in a Program, the system looks at membership to the program if the program has never been run in the stream.  So if the lead is not a member of the program and the program has never been run via the engagement program, they will get the email.