Anybody encounters the problem of dynamic follow-up pages to a form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody encounters the problem of dynamic follow-up pages to a form?

Hi,

I did some successful campaigns one year ago by following the instruction "
Change a form's follow up page dynamically" (http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyxj) to get people to go to different pages pending on which choice they select in the form.

Now it seems no more valid when we follow the same instruction to insert the code in the page.

Checked with Marketo support and they believe it is JavaScript issue but I went back to our previously successful page with dynamic follow-up page settings, it is also not working anymore.

I believe it is something wrong with Marketo itself. But I am not sure if we are the only case here.

If you encounter the same issue then we can probably can really get Marketo to look into back end stuff.

Appreciate if you can share with me your experience.

Chloe

P.S. the tutorial article (http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyxj) cannot be found anymore.
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody encounters the problem of dynamic follow-up pages to a form?

Articles and tutorials containing custom code are gradually moving to http://developers.marketo.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Breno. We may seek for Support Management or Customer Success' help as you recommended. At the moment let's see if anybody else also has the same problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beno, have you tested this function on your own company's landing pages? Or whatever other company's pages? If it doesn't work for the other companies or even Marketo itself, would it be a perfect explain that there is something wrong with Marketo back-end setups?

Please try to build up a simple form and several follow up pages on your own Marketo pages and share with me what result you will get.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you download the latest  file from article Dynamic State and Province for US and Canada in forms you will find the following disclaimer in the file fullStateCountry.js

*  DYNAMIC STATE COUNTRY SELECTOR
 *  Purpose: To dynamically add the State or Province select box depending on the choice of country.
 *  Author: Glen, with fixes from Brandon
 *  Date: Sept 15, 2009
 *  This file should be deprecated eventually and productized into the UI
 *  Requirements: jQuery 1.3.2 or better needs to be included in the landing page.
 */

The relevant details is "This file should be deprecated eventually and productized into the UI"

It requires tweaks from a web developer to make it work again. It is simply obsolete and that is clearly noted in the file itself.

I hope this clarifies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Breno, this article is talking about dynamic value of the field inside of the form. It is not the same topic about "dynamic follow up pages to the form".

Would you just simply create a simple form with follow up pages for your own company to see how it works?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted that note because the referenced form has that script. Side effect or not, that is an unwanted interference with the follow up page.

Chandini_Kalsy
Level 2

Hi Chloe,

I am facing the same issue. Dynamic follow-up based on form inputs is no longer working. It was working fine when I last checked a few weeks ago. Were you able to resolve this problem?

I agree with you. It's a Marketo issue.

Can somebody help?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chandini,

We had lengthy discussion / test with Marketo support team to try to fix this issue. And eventually they told me that this function "is obsolete and no longer supported". It is out of their scope.

I raised this issue then to Support Management and Success Management team via Marketo account manager but so far I still haven't got any answer.

It's a pity that they disabled this useful function and ignore the clients requests.

Chloe
Anonymous
Not applicable

jQuery's retURL and returnURL have been deprecated. The new function is http://api.jquery.com/event.preventDefault/ 

That takes few minutes to update and hours of exhaustive testing to ensure it does not break anything elsewhere.
That is a task for web developers/3rd party staff or design agencies.