This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
You can set up a smart campaign inside the engagement program and use the "Add to Engagement Program" flow action to add them to a stream. You can select which stream you want them to go into as well.
I have a few more questions that I hope you can answer.
1) Following your advise I now set up my smart campaign inside the engagement program.
My "Smart List" determines which leads qualify and I use the "Flow" action "Add to Engagement Program".
-> Is it true that triggers are not allowed inside an engagement program smart list?
-> Furthermore, must I NOT "Schedule" smart campaigns inside an engagement program?
2) My "Stream" contains 2 emails that I want to be sent 1 week apart from each other.
-> Is the correct order of the content in the stream Email 1 on top of Email 2?
-> I selected my Stream Cadence to repeat "Weekly" - every "1 week" - on "Mo-Fr" - at "7:00 am".
So, in order to add a wait step in between Email 1 & 2, do I need to create a separate smart campaign as follows?
- Smart List: "Was sent Email 1"
- Flow: "Wait 6 days" + "Send Email 2"
1) Triggers can be used is smart campaigns in this context. They cannot be used inside a child program smart campaign that is dragged onto a stream as content. Please schedule or activate this campaign. You don't schedule the campaign used in a program dragged onto the stream as content. 2). You have set the stream up properly and it will send email 1 first then email 2 the following week. You do not need the wait step. The cadence replaces this.
Thanks so much for your support, Cheryl!
I'm in a similar situation--I have set up smart lists in the lead database that will dynamically change based on a lead's "member type" - it is an API update from our in-house system, and we've got 5 or so lists that a lead may switch in and out of at any given time.
I've created an engagement/nurture program for one of those groups with only one stream. I'd like to use the existing list rather than than recreate a smart list within the nurture program. Is that possible or am I required to add smart campaign logic on top of what I already have?
The smart lists can be used to add those leads to the appropriate Engagement program. You could run a nightly batch campaign that finds the new leads and adds them to the engagement program. Make sure you set it to the lead can only run through once. Another option is to add them to a static list and then trigger off the addition.