SOLVED

Salesforce Record locator

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Record locator

Hi ... i am hoping to include a SF record locator in a sales alert email that will go to our sales team when someone fills out a form.

Is this possible? I noticed the 'lead.sales insight' token but that doesn't seem to work.

Can someone chime in?

thanks,
carla 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Salesforce Record locator

Hi Carla,
By default, clicking on the lead name will link you to their Marketo lead page. Clicking on (SFDC Detail) will take them to the SFDC page. If the lead is not sync'd to SFDC, the SFDC Detail link will not populate (this is what I'm assuming is happening for your second situation you described).

Will 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carla,
We have the Send Alert Info token. 

Info can be found here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LADCCA4

Is this what you were looking for?

Will

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks you!! I actually found it a short while ago.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I have been using this token and I've noticed two things:

1) when someone fills out a form - the SF record locator is include (this is good and what we want!!!)

2) when someone fills out a form - there is no SF recrod locator but a link to Marketo with lots of activity (we do not want to invite sales folks to Marketo)

Can you please explain this? 

Thank you.
Carla
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carla,
By default, clicking on the lead name will link you to their Marketo lead page. Clicking on (SFDC Detail) will take them to the SFDC page. If the lead is not sync'd to SFDC, the SFDC Detail link will not populate (this is what I'm assuming is happening for your second situation you described).

Will 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Will ... so to clarify.

If the person if not already in SF, a Marketo lead is created then sent in the alert.

If the person is in SF, that SF record locator is in the alert. Does it duplicate a new record if one already exists? 

What I really want to do is include only a SF record locator in our email alerts to sales - don't want a link to Marketo.

Thanks for your help!
Carla 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carla,

The use of this toklen will never create a duplicate anywhere. The link to the SFDC record will just be the lead in SFDC that is associated with the Marketo lead that is creating the alert.

Currently, there is no way to customize the Alert Token, but this sounds like a great post for the Ideas section! If the Sales Rep does not have an account with your Marketo Instance, they will not be able to view the lead in Marketo. They will just have to remember to click on the SFDC Detail link.

Best,
Will