Cannot unschedule, edit, or delete an unapproved Email Program A/B Test

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot unschedule, edit, or delete an unapproved Email Program A/B Test

Hello,

Couldn't find discussions or community articles about this issue -- hopefully someone else has run into the same problem!

We are using Marketo's new Email Program function to send some A/B tests. The process "going forward" (choosing audience, setting up "Whole Email" A/B test, scheduling, approving program) went smoothly. It is the process of "going backward" (canceling A/B test, unscheduling, updating A/B test) that is causing trouble.

I am able to unapprove a test, but I am not able to cancel the schedule or even "Remove A/B Test" (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LCffCAG). I only see "Edit Notifications" and "View A/B Test" in the Email quarter:

0EM50000000RQAM.jpg

Note: I have removed all audience filters to prevent anyone from receiving the test. I am also an Admin on our account. 

We have also experienced several other issues with the Email Program:
  • Being unable to rename the Email Program
  • Being unable to reference A/B test emails in other Smart Campaigns (e.g., in a preflight campaign)
  • Being unable to "unschedule" an Email Program A/B test
  • Being unable to update the A/B test
  • Being unable to unapprove the A/B test emails (since we cannot remove the A/B test)
Is anyone else encountering these issues?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Cannot unschedule, edit, or delete an unapproved Email Program A/B Test

Vicky, we too have experienced some issues/limitations with the Email Program.  Regarding point #2 above, once you setup an A/B test, the name of your email is no longer referenceable in smart campaigns.  It gets changed to whatever type of test you're doing (e.g., "Program Name.Subject Line Test" was the name we had to use). 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cannot unschedule, edit, or delete an unapproved Email Program A/B Test

Dan,

Thanks for your response! Indeed, I can reference the "Whole Emails Test" or the like. Has anyone discovered a way to reference the individual emails? We like to send out samples to a group prior to a send.

As to the other issues, I've given up on the Email Program and reverted to normal Programs.