SOLVED

Pulling referrer data out of the Munchkin cookie?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulling referrer data out of the Munchkin cookie?

Hi all,

Until recently, we have been pulling Google Analytics data such as campaign, source, keyword, referrer, etc out of the GA cookie to add to our SFDC leads. A few weeks ago, we upgrated to Universal GA code.. which no longer uses the cookie we were mining data from.. so that solution is kaput. 

I was wondering if the Munchkin cookie can provide similar data. I know that some of this data such as referrer exists.. has anyone seen such an implementation to pull the data? Thanks,

pete
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Pulling referrer data out of the Munchkin cookie?

Hey Peter,

The Munchkin cookie itself does not provide this information, though the Original Referrer field will be populated for the first time that a lead lands on a page tracked by Munchkin with the referrer URL of the user.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use tracked URLs which contain those GA elements, you can use javascript to write that data to any cookie which can be used by Marketo. You'll need someone who knows javascript to write it for you if that's not your thing.
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Peter,

The Munchkin cookie itself does not provide this information, though the Original Referrer field will be populated for the first time that a lead lands on a page tracked by Munchkin with the referrer URL of the user.
akshat_goyal
Level 3

@Kenny_Elkington 

I recently see a strange behavior from the interesting moment data. If you see the screenshot below, it is mentioned this person came from google search ? is that what this description referring to ? or is it something i am missing? and also it needs to be in different page instead of instituion it needs to show advisors url as this person is customer of advisors not instititional. can you pelase put somelight on it. 

akshat_goyal_0-1706211146758.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you please replace that screenshot with one @ actual size? It’s not legible at that size.

akshat_goyal
Level 3

@SanfordWhiteman  please check 

akshat_goyal_0-1706293577250.png

akshat_goyal
Level 3

@SanfordWhiteman @Kenny_Elkington  do you have any idea on this? 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This Interesting Moment wasn’t set by the system automatically! It was set by your Marketo config. You can find the Smart Campaign that set it by clicking the link in the Activity Log (right-hand column shows the related campaign).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys- appreciate the responses!