Migrating from Hubspot to Marketo

Richard_Wasylyn
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Migrating from Hubspot to Marketo

I have a quick question around activity reporting - specifically website activity that is tracked in Hubspot. We are moving over to Marketo shortly and don't want to lose all of those insights. Does anyone know if when we abandon Hubspot if the data will be lost? We have exported as much data as possible out of hubspot but imagine that a lot of the insights will be lost once.
Richard Wasylynchuk
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Migrating from Hubspot to Marketo

While moving accounts, contacts and leads among systems is reltively straightforward, each system has its own implementation for activities' tracking.

Keeping tracking data in a separate database and then using SOAP API's getMultipleLeads to pull lead info to that database would allow to display the historical information.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

So you might be able to export that data directly out of HubSpot and into Marketo?

Or into a SQL db, and then use the API to migrate that data associated with an email or ID#?
Richard_Wasylyn

I'm curious if we are able to export the data directly out of Hubspot and into Marketo. Is this possible? We really don't want to lose the activity tracking from Hubspot when we move over to Marketo.
Richard Wasylynchuk
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clarifying my previous post. There is room for ambiguity.

The activity data can not be easily exported from Hubspot and imported into Marketo. 
The suggestion is essentially a separate database to store that data, allowing to use SOAP API to retrieve the activities and then relate to leads uploaded to Marketo.

A more intensive effort could restore a large portion of those Hubspot activities. There is no standard format.
The first step would be the movement of accounts, contacts and leads from Hubspot to Marketo. That is relatively standard.

The activities could be moved primarily through Munchkin JavaScript API, namely visitWebPage and and clickLink. That would allow to score, set interesting moments and set filters based on historical data. That is a partial migration of all activities.  

The SOAP API would help with other data such as importing leads to lists.

Richard_Wasylyn

"The activities could be moved primarily through Munchkin JavaScript API, namely visitWebPage and and clickLink. That would allow to score, set interesting moments and set filters based on historical data. That is a partial migration of all activities."

Is there any documentation on how to move visitsWebPage and clickLink data? I think that would get us a good portion of the data we are looking to port over. 
Richard Wasylynchuk
Anonymous
Not applicable

The documentation clarifies the data submission only.

Munchkin JavaScript API Calls
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyr7CAC

The web developers need to create a short routine to read the file exported from Hubspot (one line at a time) and then upload using visitWebPage and clickLink.
Richard_Wasylyn

Do you know if there are any resources that we could point a developer to help with the routine to read the exported file? I don't have a web developer on staff right now so will have to package something up to send to a contractor.
Richard Wasylynchuk