Forms 2.0 - Embedded Forms/Follow Up Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms 2.0 - Embedded Forms/Follow Up Page

Hi there,

Before Forms 2.0, if I wanted to iframe in a form, I created a form and put if on a landing page, and then iframed it, etc and linked it to a follow up page. I made sure there were no scroll bars, etc if I wanted the follow up page within the iframe, or I put some custome HTML code on there to have the follow up page show in a new window, etc. This code was on the submit page.

Now, with Forms 2.0, I my form doesn't need a landing page to be iframed, Understood. But what happens to the follow up page? Where do I put the code to determine what happens to it if I'm embedding a form, not a landing page with custom code?

This is similar to this discussion here -- https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PlLWAA0.

Thanks,

Jono
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Forms 2.0 - Embedded Forms/Follow Up Page

Hey Jono,

You can set the followup page with in the 1>Settings page.  At the bottom there'sa section called Thank you Page and a field called Follow Up With.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for answering. I think I understand that part -- what I don't get is WHERE the follow up appears. For example, let's say I want the form to be a lightbox. Great. What if I want the follow up to also be part of that lightbox? If the the follow up is a Marketo TY page, does it appear in the lightbox by default? Or does it open the page by default in a new window? It seems we used to have more control over that code, unless I'm just not understanding.

Jono
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question.  I was under the impression that if you select "stay on page" in the "follow up with" options you could create and edit a thank you message.  Bypassing the need to create a full TY page.  From what I can tell it doesn't work that way.  Let me know if you figure this one out. 
Alicia_Bell
Level 2

You can do this by editing the form embed code to add show/hide a div that holds you thank you message:

<form id="mktoForm_1234"></form>
    <script>
    MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-aba.marketo.com", "xxx-xxx-xxx", 1234, function(form) {

// Since Marketo cannot deliver an embedded Thank You message for an embedded form,
    // Add an onSuccess handler for delivering the Thank You message here

form.onSuccess( function() {
    // Get the form jQuery element and hide it
    form.getFormElem().hide();
    // Display div that holds Thank You message
    document.getElementById("thankyou").style.display = "block";
    // Return false to prevent the submission handler from taking the lead to the follow up url
    return false;
    });
    });
    </script>
    <div id="thankyou" style="display:none;">
    <h2>Thank you for submitting the form</h2>
    </div>