This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Whenever visiting San Fran for a conference, I try to sneak away either to Chinatown or the Ferry Building marketplace for lunch or a snack.
It'll be my first time at Summit (yay!) and it's been a while since I've been to San Francisco so I plan on using Yelp in the next few weeks to come up with an excel spreadsheet game plan on places to visit, and most importantly for me, eat. I'm all ears for suggestions as well!
Oh man, there are a number of places to go:
- Lombard Street
- Ghiradelli Square
- Buena Vista Cafe (Supposed birthplace of the Irish Coffee)
- Coit Tower
- Alamo Sq. Park (Full House houses)
Not So Tourist
- Delores Park (http://www.flickr.com/photos/75742148@N07/8537741468/)
- Chestnut St in the Marina
- Shops, Restaurants
- Fillmore Street
- Off the Grid (http://offthegridsf.com/)
- Food Trucks pop up in the city, great food!
- Schedule isn't up yet for the week of the conference, but I would check back next week
If you are in the mood for a pricy, but fantastic dinner, I would recommend the House of Prime Rib.
Big fan of the Alcatraz tour. You get a beautiful view of the city, a boat trip and very unique tour in a single experience.
"Top of the Mark" is a great place to grab a drink or dinner. It's on the top of a very tall building which gives you gorgeous 360 views of the city!
So many great options -- thanks for all the tips!