Utilizing oData connections for analytics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilizing oData connections for analytics

Not sure if you're like me, but I find RCA to be pretty inflexible and limiting to work with, let alone the standard "analytics". I don't want to buy yet another analytics tool from a Marketo partner. What I want is a simple data connection that I can consume with tools like Tableau and Excel PivotCharts...what I want is oData. 

oData is a data service standard invented by MSFT and is now an open standard. Its essentially a raw data feed. It allows data to be pulled into proper business intelligence solutions (like SQL Server Analysis Services, Oracle or Tableau) for enterprise OLAP cubing and reporting. Problem is that Marketo doesn't support this. And I NEED better and faster intelligence...

So if this also affects you - that you're frustrated and simply want to access your data to be able to manage as you want, add to this thread or hit like on it. 

Cheers!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilizing oData connections for analytics

LIKE!
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would make it so much simpler to get Marketo's data to do some real analysis. Presently, pulling this data requires either developer resources or a fairly expensive subscription to an integration service (Jitterbit, Progress DataDirect, etc.). Wish this would see the light of day, or at least have its day in court.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We have bumped into the same issue as you had before while we are trying to extract Marketo data to SQL server database to build some analytic reports, but it turned out to be hared to achieve with Marketo standard API.

Finally, we developed our solution, and you can see my reply in the middle of this post: https://nation.marketo.com/thread/30868

Best Regards,

Vivian

Anonymous
Not applicable

We actually found an out-of-the-box solution for using OData with Marketo - Progress DataDirect. They have a Marketo connection that you can consume with OData (or ODBC, which is faster). It uses the SOAP API rather than the REST API, so it is a little bit slower, but it does what it needs to in a stable and consistent manner - we've been using it for over a year now.