We have had a number of people who have unsubscribed an email address very similar to another address in our lead database. Example scenario:
- I send an email to John Doe via "email@example.com"- in the database as subscribed
- John gets the email routed through his other alias "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- John unsubscribes the alias I do not have a record for = "email@example.com"
- I send another email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the subscribed alias
- John calls me irate because I sent him an email after he "unsubscribes"