2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2014 4:24 PM by 55386

Is there anyway to block certain emails from Marketo forms?

Hi,

I'm a B2B company, so we don't want any gmail or yahoo accounts signing up for our newsletters. Is there any way to block these people by emails in the forms?

Thanks.
        • Re: Is there anyway to block certain emails from Marketo forms?
          Hi Colleen,
          you could take a look at javascript to do this. Just take a short look at this discussion from a few days ago: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Ppy4AAC

This part that blocks mail domains which are not wanted: 
          var invalidDomains = 
               [
               "hotmail.com",
               "yahoo.com",
               "aol.com",
               "gmail.com",
               "msn.com",
               "comcast.net",
               ];

But, and this is just my opinion and experience, if people don't want to give their real email address they find a way (a lot of trashmail offerings exist...) so I prefer to build up data management campaigns which prevent your database to be flooded with this kind of information afterwards.

Hope that helps.
          • Re: Is there anyway to block certain emails from Marketo forms?
            I'm also a B2B marketer. While I understand wanting that corporate email domain, first entry is often with a personal one. As an alternative, you could prompt them with some kind of pop-up or conditional field in progressive profiling and ask them for their corporate email when you identify someone who's given you a personal email address. You could also mark those as a lower priority and shuttle them to SDRs to follow up on and see if they can get them to give you a corporate email over the phone. My two cents.