Changed program name in Marketo, but didn't sync correctly in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changed program name in Marketo, but didn't sync correctly in SFDC

We've been using Marketo for almost a year and never established a solid naming convention.  This week, I decided to change the names of all of my programs to make them consistent.  The only probelm is now there are two campaigns in SFDC:  one with the old name and all of the campaign data and one with the new name and no data. 

Do you know how I can merge the campaigns on the SFDC side?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Changed program name in Marketo, but didn't sync correctly in SFDC

You will need to speak with your SFDC Admin. I'm not sure it's possible to merge SFDC campaigns.

More likely you can will need to add all the members from the old program to your new program in Marketo. Run any smart lists you need to identfied and update any previous progression status to the new program status. Then delete the old SFDC campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sandy,

I just went through a similar project to rename SFDC Campaigns and Mkto Programs. To my knowledge, there is no way to merge Campaigns. It might be quicker to just rename your existing Campaigns that are already synched, which is what I did. You can create a spreadsheet with the SFDC Campaign Id, the existing name, and the name you want to switch it to. This will go much quicker that changing each campaign one by one.

Is there any other information in the newly created Campaigns that you need? How many campaigns do you have?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sandy,

I had to rename some of my Marketo programs recently but they continued to sync to the same SFDC campaigns. I think the sync is by Campaign ID, so renaming the Marketo program shouldn't have created a new SFDC campaign.

I then logged in to SFDC to manually rename the campaigns - didn't have to, but thought it'd be easier to keep it consistenly.