SOLVED

Form questions

Go to solution
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Form questions

Creating a check box or form is easy, but I want to make  an email be sent to our sales staff if a specific check box is filled, if it is left blank I do not want the email to be sent.

So far in the smart list I am using:

fills out form: form name is... AND 
Data Value Changes: Contact me and New value= true, previous value =false

The flow send alert to account owner then creat task assigned to lead owner then add to sfdc campaign. There is no chocice that says if data value = false the do nothing.

Can you please advise?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form questions

Hey Eric >

I'd split it from the form, so you don't have to rewrite rules if you add more forms. use "Data Value Changes" Contact Me > New Value = True. Then flow > Send Alert, Create Task > Add to SFDC Campaign > Wait a reasonable time period > Change Data Value - Contact Me to False/0/NULL. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Eric, could you do a trigger of Data value changes - Contact me=true, and then have a filter of "filled out form" (if that's necessary), then have the remaning flow steps?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Eric >

I'd split it from the form, so you don't have to rewrite rules if you add more forms. use "Data Value Changes" Contact Me > New Value = True. Then flow > Send Alert, Create Task > Add to SFDC Campaign > Wait a reasonable time period > Change Data Value - Contact Me to False/0/NULL. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adam's suggestion is pretty cool. That would toggle the record back to blank so that if they complete the form to be contacted again down the road the trigger will still work properly.

Another item to note, the smart list you are using has two triggers. Triggers are always  treated as with an EITHER/OR logic. What you have listed above would trigger after form completion (regardless of data value) OR a change to that field.
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

I used the and constraint so that doesnt make sense. It should not us an or statement unless specified.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is standard behavior and something everyone just has to learn about Marketo. Two Triggers next to each other means whoever gets there first wins the campaign, but the filters apply to both of them. The filter logic only applies to filter. It's contrary, because from a user experience triggers & filters are the same thing, but unfortunately Marketo has no such Trigger Logic.
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

In other words Marketo fails with smart lists. We can't use tokens and having 2 triggers causes problems. 

If I were to change the second trigger to a filter would that fix the issue?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is one of those gotchas that I found out about the hard way.
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

They probably should includ that in the training.